According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, one in five Australians may experience poor mental health. However, only a third of the individuals seek support and assistance. With these numbers projected to increase over the coming years for FIFO workers, there is a current need to bridge the gap and connect with people, ensuring all Australians are living their lives to the fullest in a healthy and safe environment without suffering emotional distress.
WHS Foundation have worked in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts and Psychologists – Working Life, specifically on Mental Health in the FIFO sector and aim to deliver realistic and approachable evidence based solutions that allow individuals to grow. When individuals grow, organisations grow!
We are passionate not only about Mental Health but also Mental Wealth, ensuring individuals understand the full range of the mental health continuum from Mental Illness and being unwell to thriving in a mentally healthy workplace that is positive.
WHS Foundation provide further information on where you can obtain support from organisations.
The course covers:
- FIFO Mental Health
- What is Mental Health – myth busting the facts from fiction
- Common Mental Health illnesses – the signals and how to help yourself and support others
- Techniques to cope, manage and thrive
- Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
- Substance use and disorders
- Workplace risks factors and how to identify them
- Gain an understanding of workplace mental health and suicide
- Mental Health Conversations
Whether you, a family member, friend or work colleague is affected by mental health, we believe it is vital that FIFO workers are equipped with the knowledge and tools to help themselves and support others and understand how to overcome mental health challenges.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance