Who is the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Coordinator course for?
This course is specifically designed for people who have responsibility (either directly or indirectly) for injured workers in their organisation.
It provides the participant with an introduction to the rights and obligations enshrined in the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management legislation for all parties involved in the workers’ compensation and injury management process.
Injury management in the workplace is a win-win philosophical concept that, if implemented and adhered to, can provide many benefits to the injured worker and their employer. For the employer, none more so than downward pressure on their workers’ compensation premium.
What will I learn in this course?
- Understanding of workers’ compensation legal obligations
- Define the role of Work Cover WA
- Explain Privacy & confidentiality requirements
- Understanding Workers compensation insurance
- List the impacts of workplace injuries
- Explain process for making a claim
- How to care and support injured workers
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Designing and implementing Return to Work Plans (RTWP)
- Working with Workplace Rehabilitation Providers (WRP)
- Understanding Conciliation & arbitration
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the WHS Foundation.