Does your organisation operate in a high-risk environment? Are your Executive Managers and Officers engaging with regulators around workplace safety matters?
The WHS Foundation’s Legal Experience and Mock Court training program will provide them with the knowledge and skills to be able to work effectively with the regulator and arrive at a resolution.
The course design has four learning modules, including:
- Accident/incident investigation theory
- Dealing with Government Regulators
- Prosecutions and court procedures
- Participate in a mock court hearing
This course has been designed and is delivered by WHS Foundation’s Lawyers who have extensive experience in safety legislation and court procedures. The course will be delivered over two days with a mix of theory and practical learning designed to provide participants with a realistic experience and understanding of how safety legislation is applied by regulators.
Upon completion of this 2 day training course students will be able to:
- Understand and apply accident/incident investigation theories and processes to workplace events
- Be able to identify the requirements and powers of government inspectors
- Explain enforcement measures used by regulators
- Know what to expect in court proceedings
- Describe penalties and enforcement measures used by the courts
On successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance from the WHS Foundation.